When my sister when to Nigeria she brought me a lot of nice Ankara Fabric. Since I like doing DIYs I decided to use the fabric to make some cute hair accessories. When I got the fabric I knew that I wanted to make hair bows. Plus this is a good DIY if you don’t know how to sew. If you know me I’m a sucker for accessories especially bows. Let’s get started!
DIY: Hair Bows with Ankara Fabric:
- Ankara Fabric
- Glue sticks
- Glue Gun
- Measure and cut two pieces of Ankara fabric.
- Cut a large piece (7.5 inches x 5.5 inches) of Ankara fabric.
- Cut a small piece (3 inches by 1 inch) of Ankara fabric.
- Flip your fabric over to the back side.
- Fold the top and bottom of your Ankara fabric and secure with glue.
- Fold the left and right ends of the Ankara fabric toward the middle and secure with glue.
- Pinch the middle of the Ankara fabric to form a bow tie shape. Secure with glue.
- Wrap the small piece of material around the middle of the bow tie. Secure with glue.
- Slide your large bobby pin to the back of your hair bow.
- Let your hair bow dry.
- Wear it.
P.S. I ‘m so excited to get more Ankara fabric. I’m not sure what I will make next…hmm.