Today is the last day of October and you know what that means: pumpkins everywhere! Whether you use your pumpkins to carve, making pie or decorate your house for Halloween save one little pumpkin for yourself. 🙂 After all of those Halloween parties, trick or treating and fall festivities why not treat your skin to a DIY pumpkin beauty treatment.
If you have followed my blog for some time you know DIYs are one of my favorite things to do besides reading.
So Why are Pumpkins Great for DIY Beauty Treatments?:
Pumpkins are rich in alpha-hydroxy acids, anti-inflammatory, have vitamin A, beta carotene, and zinc which are food that help your body, hair and skin.
Here’s what you need to get started:
DIY Pumpkin Hydrating Mask for Skin and Hair:
- One mini pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon of Organic Blackstrap Unsulfured Molasses
- 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon of Greek Yogurt
- A little water to blend your pumpkin
- Fine Mesh Metal Strainer
1. Cut your pumpkin.
2. Remove the pulp and seeds from the pumpkin.
3. Cut your pumpkin in cubes.
4. Blend your pumpkin and yogurt until you get a creamy consistency.
5. Strain the mixture (very important) over your bowl.
6. In your bowl add the molasses, olive oil and mix well.
7. Now you are ready to apply your DIY pumpkin mask to your face and hair.
*For your hair: Apply to clean hair and put a plastic cap on for 30 minutes (under a hooded dryer is optional). Then rinse out.
*For your face: Apply to a clean face and leave on for 15-20 minutes. Rinse your face with warm water.
After doing this DIY pumpkin hydrating mask your hair and skin will feel amazing!
*Side note: you can keep the seeds and roast them – great healthy snack