Today I want to share a bit of inspiration for you inspired by the one and only Shameless Maya on YouTube. I have watched Shameless Maya since she started her YouTube channel and it is amazing to see how much her channel has grown. She has an amazing spirit, represents all things positive and when I finish watching her videos I want to do more. If you watch her videos you will see that she is passionate about her craft and puts a lot of energy into her videos to make great content for her subscribers. I get excited when I see people like her. This is what I like to see — inspiration and women empowering each other. 🙂
Now let’s get on with the How to Look Better Tag by Shameless Maya:
1. Surround Yourself With Positive People: Like the old saying goes: “Birds of a feather flock together”. When you surround yourself with positive people you will become a more positive person. You will be happier and be able to enjoy life. Learn to tune out the negative people in your life.
2. Stop Comparing Yourself to Others: This is one of the most important things you can do for yourself. Everyday women are comparing themselves to other women. This is true, especially when it comes to being a woman. In media you see women that look a certain way, act a certain way and sometimes you may find yourself wanting to be that ‘perfect’ woman. The only person you should compare yourself to is your previous self. Everyday is an opportunity to make a positive change.
3. Pray: Every morning and every night I pray for all the blessings God gave me. Also, I like to write in my journal at night to reflect on my day. If you don’t have a journal you should start one.
4. Read Inspirational Books: If you have read my blog for some time you know that I like reading, especially inspirational books. When I read inspirational books I feel empowered, charged up and ready to make some moves. I recommend Outliers and The Tipping point by Malcolm Gladwell.
5. Wear Things that Make You Smile: My favorite things to wear are dresses! If I had enough dresses I would wear a dress everyday. lol My style inspirations are: blogger, Closet Confections and from TV Stars: Mindy Kaling, Zooey Deschanel and Tracee Ellis Ross. I like bits of their style and these women show confidence in what they wear. I always say when you get dressed you want to make sure you put on what looks good on you and makes you smile. 🙂
6. Get a Hobby: Hobbies are great because they give you time to unwind. Give yourself some time (at least once a week) to do something that you like to do. It doesn’t matter if it’s not super spectacular. If it makes you happy do it! My favorite hobbies are reading, doing DIY projects and writing. What are your hobbies?
7. Take Time to Appreciate Your Surroundings: Everyday I like to go outside for a walk. Well…when it’s super cold polar vortex weather I like to stay inside lol. If the weather is not an issue for you take time to take a walk each day (even if it’s for 10 minutes). There’s something about getting outside that makes me happy. 🙂
Thank you Maya for starting this tag! I’m excited to see some of my other favorite YouTubers and bloggers do this tag. This is such a good tag and different from the tags that I usually come across on YouTube and blogs.
I tag everyone reading this post! Comment below or do the tag on you blog. 🙂
Have a great week!