I hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving! I cannot believe December is here. Where did the time go? I took a small break and now I’m back before the next round of holidays.
Let’s get started with a new Dear Twenty Something Series Post – Being Comfortable in Your Own Skin:
As a late twenty-something, I have had my share of ups and down. My twenties have been filled with many lessons learned and shaped a bit of who I am today. In my last DIY post I talked about how I’m going to share more of my creative side with you, in terms of my skin, hair and the different accessories I like to make. This is a part of being comfortable in your own skin – being creative. I believe it’s important to let yourself go, be free and dance if you have to shake the pain or discomfort you feel away. Do it now! Don’t you feel better? I know I do.
I know we were all taught that we have to look within ourselves to be truly comfortable without ourselves. As cheesy as it sounds it’s true. Being comfortable in your own skin can be a challenge, especially for women due to society’s quest for perfect hair, body, skin and everything else advertisements like to tell women they need to have. We have to accept that we are good the way we all no matter what.
I remember when I entered my twenties I had a picture of what my twenties would be like. All of the pressures to be a certain way and questioning myself were things that I thought would be left to my teenage years. Now as a late twenty-something I can say these things have changed. As I matured I became more comfortable with my skin inside and out. I tell myself every day I am thankful and blessed for what God has done for me. What are you thankful for?
I’m thankful for all the inspirational things I have heard lately. Every weekend I watch one of my favorite inspirational people, Miss Andrea Lewis. I relate to her so much because we are around the same age, both natural curly girls and most importantly believe in living a positive and inspirational life! Every Saturday morning I get excited to watch her videos because I know after the video I will be inspired 🙂
Here are 5 Ways to Become Comfortable in Your Own Skin:
1. Write 3 things that you like about yourself: Dig deep!
2. Treat your skin and hair to a DIY spa day: Stay tuned I will share my favorite DIY masks. I like to do them at least once a week, twice a week if needed.
3. Think positive: When you find yourself thinking about a negative thing flip it and think about a positive thing instead. This is good because…
4. Surround yourself with inspirational people: When you are around people who inspire you, you will be happier and comfortable with yourself.
5. Realize that you are not perfect, but you are you!: This is simple, but true. Don’t let anyone drag you down and tell you to be certain way. Be who you are no matter what.
*Bonus: Realize that being comfortable in your skin is a process. Take one step at a time. There is no magic formula!
Are you comfortable in your own skin? What are some things that helped you become comfortable in your own skin? Share below.