Now that the weather is getting cooler (it was so cold and windy today) I get so happy about wearing my fall and winter shoes. If you want to check out what else I like about autumn check out my autumn appreciation post. I pretty much wear the same shoes all year. Just last week I was talking to my aunt about going shopping for some new shoes. So I checked the internet, Polyvore and some of my favorite style bloggers. Now, it’s time for me to go try some on.
I’m not a shoe person. I’m more of a clothing person (especially dresses and jackets/coats.) Plus I tend to wear the same shoes over and over. I like the worn in look (for most of my shoes). Hopefully, I can find what I am looking for in store. I’m picky, especially when it comes to shoes (since I don’t like to have too many and I like shoes that can go from season to season).
Here are My Favorite Fall & Winter Footwear:
1. Loafers: Loafers are the most comfortable pairs of shoes I own. I wore my loafers everyday and it’s time for a new pair. I’m not sure if I want to get the tassel style loafer or a penny loafer. I’m still on the fence. I like loafers because you can wear them with or without socks. They add a masculine and preppy edge to any look.
2. Oxfords: Tied with loafers oxfords are my favorite shoes. Maybe it’s because it reminds me of my middle school days when I had to wear saddle shoes. I’m not sure. Oxfords are so versatile. They look amazing with just about anything. I have an old pair of oxfords and everyday I like them even more!
3. Mary Jane Heels: If you have followed my blog for some time you know that I mentioned I’m not a heel type of girl. I only wear heels when it is a necessity. lol. I’m a flats type of girl. I have looked for a pair of Mary Jane Heels and I haven’t found the ones that I want yet. I’m going to keep looking. I want a modest heel because high heels are a no go for me.
4. Riding Boots: You can’t go wrong with a good pair of riding boots. When it comes to riding boots I must have brown ones. I know people say black goes with everything, but I prefer brown riding boots over black riding boots any day. I’m in the market for a new pair of boots and I am looking into the textured or quilted style to add a bit of interest.
5. Cowgirl Boots: Even though I don’t live in the Midwest I like cowgirl boots. When I was in college I had an awesome pair of gold-tip sequin boots that I wore almost everyday. They were so different and a show stopper. Let’s just say I wore them to the ground. lol. I have a pair of cowgirl boots now and I’m thinking about doing some type of DIY with them. I’m not sure yet. I saw a couple of cool DIY projects on Pinterest that I may try. I will share it with you if I decide to get creative with my cowgirl boots.
Are you more of a clothing or shoe person? What shoes are looking forward to wear this fall and winter? Comment below.