Two months ago I came across Olive Apple’s post: 7 Reasons I Love Autumn tag and I knew I had to do it because Autumn is my favorite season! Woo hoo!
Check out her post
Autumn makes me feel happy and I enjoy taking walks with a gentle breeze as the leaves fall.
Here are a Few of My Favorite Things – Autumn:
(Cue The Sound of Music Instrumental – My Favorite Things) 🙂
1. The Colors of Fall: Even though blue is my favorite color I enjoy the colors of fall. I like the reds, oranges, browns, olive greens and golds. These colors make me feel nice and cozy. When I lived in NYC fall was amazing. I enjoyed my early evening walks in Queens and Manhattan. I heard autumn in London is beautiful and I cannot wait to visit in the near future!
2. Style: Autumn is hands down the best season for style. Between the colors, prints and the things you can wear autumn is perfect for that. I can transition my summer dresses by pairing them with tights, flats, cardigans, and blazers to add an autumn flair.
3. The Weather: In addition to style, the weather is one of my top favorite things about autumn. My ideal weather is 50 to 75 degrees F. In the autumn I can wear hats and scarves that will keep warm and stylish!
4. Drinks: I drink hot tea every day and now that fall is here I’m adding hot apple cider, chai tea and pumpkin drinks to the mix.
5. TV Shows: If you checked out my fall reading list and bonus TV list you know what I’m watching. This is the perfect season to enjoy a cuppa tea, a good book or have a Netflix Marathon.
6. Thanksgiving: I can’t believe Thanksgiving is around the corner. I love Thanksgiving because I enjoy spending time with my family and checking out the new holiday movies (If they have good ones playing).
7. Bold Lipstick: When I started wearing makeup I only wore neutral colored lipstick and lipgloss because I was afraid of wearing bold colors. Now, I like to wear bold colors like burgundy, plum and red. This year I am looking for a brownish orange lipstick.
Now that you know a few of my favorite fall things let’s talk inspiration!
A Bit of Inspiration…:
In the summer I’m usually drained because it is too hot. When summer starts I begin counting down the days until fall arrives. lol When fall finally gets here I feel energized and ready to start the new season. Just the other day I was talking to a friend about how I am taking advantage of this great weather by reading and writing outside. I encouraged her to do so. It’s so relaxing.
Another thing I noticed while writing in my journal is how my journal is filled with pages of positive things lately. I have had some rough days, but at the end of the day when I write, I remember the better part of the day. Every day I like to write at least two positive things in my journal. For example, a few days ago I wrote, “No matter what is going in my life today I will remember that God will make a way out of no way. When everyone says NO, God will say YES if it is meant to be. I have to be patient and I will see great blessings”. I hope these words will inspire you. If you are looking for more inspiration check out my previous inspirational post.
Have a great week!
What are you looking forward to this autumn? What inspires you? Share below.