In my last DIY post I made tassel bookmarks and after I finished making the bookmarks I had left over tassels so decided to use the left over tassels to make a tassel necklace. 🙂
So I was all set to make a tassel necklace and then I found some extra things in my craft box from making my DIY square knot necklace. Hmm. Why not combine my left over craft things to make a statement necklace using tassels, a square knot and beads…
Now, I have a super cool DIY Statement Tassel Necklace!
- Fabric (I used fabric scraps from old clothing (a T-shirt works well))
Notes Before You Get Started:
Make a knot necklace and tassel: Check out the links below.
After you have made your knot necklace and tassels you are now ready to make your statement tassel knot necklace
Here’s what your finished tassels will look like:
1. String your beads/gems together on your string.
2. Stretch your knot necklace, you will notice spaces gaps on each side.
3. Push your string through the tiny spaces/gaps of your knot necklace towards the end on each side.
4. Secure by tying it.
Note: Decide where you want to put your gems. I put my gems in the middle and at each end of the knot necklace.
7. Add your tassels to the necklace and secure it with a knot.
8. Put a ribbon at the end (optional) and tie it securely.
Now wear it!
Do you like statement necklaces? Statement necklaces are a great way to add a pop to your look. If so check out my DIY Statement Bib Necklace.