My Back to School & Work Style Essentials:
It’s that time of year again – Back to School Season! Woo Hoo!
When I was in grade school I looked forward to going back to school. Fall is around the corner and it is time to get ready! Whether you are a student or a working professional here are my back to school and work style essentials:
1. Everyday Bag: My top style essential item for any woman is an everyday bag. I recommend an everyday bag in a neutral color, such as black, navy or brown. This bag can go with everything and will be perfect for school or work. If you want to make a statement swap out your everyday neutral bag for a bag with a bold color, such as red, green or purple. An everyday bag will be big enough to fit your Tablet and any supplies you will need throughout your day.
2. Watch: Watches are the perfect arm candy, especially if you are not into bracelets. No matter what your style there is a watch for you. I like fossil watches. The boyfriend rose gold watches are my favorite.
3. Blazer or Cardigan: Whenever you feel like your outfit is incomplete, boring or needs a professional push add a blazer or a cardigan. While the weather is still nice add a bright-colored blazer/cardigan to add a bit of interest to your look. A green, yellow or coral blazer/cardigan is great to pair with any school or work look.
4. Flats: I live in flats. I am not a heel type of girl at all. I only wear heels when it is necessary lol. I’m still on the hunt for a nice classic heel and vintage style heel. For now, it’s all about flats. Flats are perfect because they go with everything. For school and work, I recommend oxfords or penny loafers.
5. Pens: I like to keep pens with me at all times because I am always writing. If you want to make a statement personalize your pens or get cute polka dot pens!
6. Notebooks: I like all things stationery, especially cute notebooks. I keep a notebook in my bag so I can jot down ideas when I get them. When I rather type I use Evernote to organize my notes. Sometimes my best ideas come to me during my commute and having a notebook in my bag helps me keep track of my ideas.
7. Mug or BPA-free Water Bottle: No matter where you are it is important to stay hydrated. If you drink tea or coffee bringing a mug to school or work is handy. Get a mug with a cool design or witty saying to brighten up your day. After drinking all that coffee or tea don’t forget to drink enough water! If you have a difficult time drinking water bring a BPA-free Water Bottle with you as well. You want to stay hydrated throughout your day.
*Bonus: Easy Go-To Makeup Look: Every woman should have a go-to makeup look (if you wear makeup). I don’t really wear makeup on a regular basis, but when I do I like to keep it simple. Here is what I use for a simple makeup look: eyeliner (Maybelline gel eyeliner or pen liquid eyeliner, mascara (I like Benefit They’re Real or Revlon Photo 3D Mascara) and neutral lipstick (I like Revlon’s Mink lipstick). When you have an easy go-to makeup look you will be able to cut the amount of time you spend getting ready for school or work in the morning.
If you are looking for more essentials to get ready to go back to school or work this fall check out my wardrobe essentials. If you want to find some style inspiration for work, check out my professional looks.
What are some of your back to school or work essentials? Comment below.