When I started this blog I wanted to share my creative side. Also, I wanted my blog to have a positive and happy atmosphere. In the beginning of the year I wrote a post about how to increase your happiness and productivity. This post is an extension of that post. Here are 7 easy ways to help you live a more positive life.
7 Easy Ways to Live a More Positive Life:
1. Show Gratitude: One of the first things I do when I wake up and before I go to sleep is pray. I want to thank God for waking me up this morning and giving me another day. I want to give thanks for my family, friends and everyone around me. Even though I may have ups and downs in life I want to make sure that I give thanks and show gratitude to the people who are important to me in my life. When you show your gratitude you tend to feel more positive.
2. Be Positive: Remember you have the power to control your attitude, not others. No matter if you are having a bad day you have the choice to be positive. There will be times when you feel horrible and you may want to sulk. That’s okay — sometimes we need this to release our emotions. For example, the other day I was frustrated about a project I was working on that was not going well. After taking time away from the project I realized that being frustrated is not going to help me. At that moment I decided to relax, take a deep breath and think positive thoughts. Sometimes this is what we need to do.
3. Don’t Let Others Influence You: If you want to live a more positive life you cannot let others influence you. There will be times when you are surrounded by people that do not want the best for you. Other times you may feel peer pressure to do things that you do not want to do because of what people say. For example, someone might tell you do not pursue a career because it is unstable or it did not work for them. You have to listen to yourself and figure out what is best for you. Remember sometimes the best advice is not to take the advice.
4. Don’t Compare Yourself to Others: We live in a world surrounded by social media and we are constantly seeing images everyday of the so-called, “Good Life”. We have to train ourselves to ignore what we may think is perfect and look at ourselves to see what we want. We all have something to offer and we cannot compare ourselves to others. When you compare yourself to others you will be let down. When you feel like you are comparing yourself stop and tell yourself you are doing your best.
5. Keep a Journal: If you have followed my blog for a while you know that I like to keep a journal. A journal way is a great way to keep tract of your thoughts and release your mind. Write down memories and bits of what happened that day. I remember finding a journal at Marshall’s with a quote by Anaïs Nin — “We write to taste life twice”. When I saw that quote I knew I immediately wanted to buy that journal. If you want a pick-me-up scroll through your journal entries and I’m sure you will find a way to smile!
6. Make a Goal Box: In a few posts back I shared an Easy DIY project about creating a Goal Box. I remember someone telling me a goal that is not written is just a dream. Goals are a good way to keep tract of your progress, especially for big projects. If your goals become overwhelming set small goals. Each small goal will remind you that you are one step closer to your big goal.
7. Surround Yourself Around Positive People: When you surround yourself around positive people you will want to be positive. The people who you surround yourself can have an impact. Look for people who want to encourage and inspire you to do great things.
Bonus: Read Inspirational Things: Almost everyday when I wake up and before bed I like to read inspirational quotes. When I read inspirational things it puts my mind at ease. Another way to find inspiration is by reading the Bible or books by inspirational people. I love when I read a book and I feel like I want to change the world!
What is your favorite way to stay positive? Share below. 🙂