I love keeping a journal and using cute stationary. I like finding unique journals as well as making my own. I have experimented making different types of journals and notebooks. I am still learning. Practice makes perfect! Plus this is a great way to upcycle an old hardback book by turning it into a journal/notebook.
DIY Notebook/Journal from Old Hardback Book:
- Hardback book
- Paper of your choice
- Hot Glue Gun
- X-acto Knife
Let’s get started!
1. Find a book. If you don’t want to use a book from your book collection check out your local thrift store.
2. Using your X-acto knife carefully cut along the crease of the inside and back cover of the book to remove the pages.
3. This is how your book will look when you take your pages out.
4. Close up of how your book looks when you remove the pages.
5. Fold your paper in half to make a crease.
6. Using your book pages as a guide, measure and cut your paper to match the size of the book pages.
7. Glue your first page down.
8. Repeat until all your pages are securely glued down.
9. Place a heavy item on top of the book so that the pages can dry in place.
10. Now your journal/notebook is complete!
Happy Journaling! Do you keep a journal? Stay tuned for more DIY projects.