The other day I went to the thrift store and I was looking around. I found a board with 9 cells that most likely belonged to a Tic Tac Toe game. I looked around to see if there were pieces with the board, but I could not find any. So I bought the board and decided to make Tic Tac Toe pieces using everyday things I had at home. This is a good DIY project to do on the weekend or while watching the 2014 Olympics. The athlete’s amazing talent and skill inspire me so much. I hope you enjoy this DIY!
DIY Tic Tac Toe Game:
- Cardboard (if you are making your own X and O letters and/or board)
- X and O letters
- String or ribbon
- Hot Glue Gun
- 9 Cell Tic Tac Toe board (if you don’t have one you can use cardboard or felt material to make a board) *I found my board at the thrift shop.
1. If you are making your own X and O letters you will need: cardboard and scissors as shown above (images 1-5)
2. Create a template of X’s and O’s. (Image 1)
3. Cut out the letters. (Image 2)
4. To make the letters thicker place small pieces of cardboard between the two cardboard letter cutouts. (You are forming a sandwich. Then secure each small piece in place using a hot glue gun). (Image 3)
5. Cover the letter by wrapping the string/ribbon around each letter. (Image 4)
6. Secure the string/ribbon on each letter using the hot glue gun. (Image 5)
7. Let the letters dry.
8. All done. Now, time to play!
Note: Get creative. There are so many ways to make your own Tic Tac Toe Game without the typical pen and paper. Let me know if you decide to try this DIY.
Tic Tac Toe is a classic game that is fun for all ages!
Did you play Tic Tac Toe as a child? What were some of your favorite childhood games? Comment below.
When I was younger I loved playing Boggle and a video game called Vectrex.