Happy New Year!!! I am so excited for this year. Are you? Let’s make 2014 a year of happiness and productivity. First, take a moment to pause and think about what you want to organize. I’m not talking about adding shelves to your pantry, downloading productivity apps on your iPhone or pinning ways to organize a room on Pinterest. Do not get me wrong these things can help you get organized, but I am talking about a different type of organizing: ways to organize your life.
When things are in the right place we tend to feel better and productive. Insert productivity meme of your choice here. lol Since the weather for the past few weeks has been below zero, it gave me time to think. Whoever said that cold weather brings the blues was wrong. To me cold weather makes me feel warm and cozy. This extreme cold weather after the holidays happened at the perfect time because I was able to regroup, focus on the things I started last year and organize a few things in my life. Here are a few ways to help you get more organized for 2014 and beyond!
5 Ways to Organize your Life to Increase your Happiness and Productivity:
1. Have a plan and set your goals in a different way:
Sometimes we can find ourselves stressed and frustrated, especially after the holidays. The festivities are over and we are back into our routines. Examine your plan for 2014 to see if you need to make changes. Set your goals in a different way: Specific, Realistic and Attainable. This will make your life easier.
2. Change your routine: Are you tired of taking the same route to work or doing the same thing day after day? Take time to switch it up every month or so. Small changes like this can have a big impact. You never know who you might run into to that day. You may even make a new friend or lunch buddy.
3. Change your diet and fitness routine: At the beginning of the year you start to see many ‘fad’ diets and I am not a fan. However, I am a big fan of people making lifestyle changes with their diet. Try a new type of food or a new way of cooking your favorite dish.
Also, remember it is okay to enjoy the things you like to eat, but moderation is key! If you are not big on exercising, add at least 15 minutes of exercise a day. You can do it! After awhile you will develop a fitness routine that is both fun and effective!
4. Give thanks and take a moment to smile: This is the simplest tip I have. Everyday take time to recite the things your are thankful for and smile more. Sometimes a smile is all you need.
5. Learn something new: There are many things to learn and many of them are free. Explore the Internet or go to your local library. Or explore Pinterest to find creative ideas for DIYs, style or recipes. The possibilities are endless.
What tip was your favorite?
For my first post of 2014 I wanted to begin with a lifestyle post. I am going to start incorporating more lifestyle posts more often. What will you like to see?
Stay tuned for upcoming posts and thank you for following StyleBits&BobsofME!
I have more lifestyle, DIYs and Style posts coming!