It’s the first day of Autumn!!! I was inspired by the color of the leaves and jeweled tones of the season to DIY a statement bib necklace.
- Fabric: felt or satin
- Hot glue gun
- Assortment of beads/gems/old jewelry pieces
- Thick paper
Let’s get started!
DIY Statement Bib Necklace:
- Use your thick paper to create a template of your choice for your necklace. (Top right image)
- Cut out the template.
- Align the fabric to the template you created. – (Bottom left image)
- Cut the fabric along the template.
- Repeat for the back.
- You should now have two identical pieces of fabric. (One for the front and one for the back.)
- Glue each piece of fabric to the paper. -(Bottom right image) (Note: Trim the excess fabric if needed for a clean finish.)
- Glue your beads/gems one by one to the fabric until you have filled the entire front piece.
- Flip it over.
- For this necklace I used two pieces of blue ribbon and hot glued it to the edges of the necklace.
- Viola! You have your own unique statement necklace.
-Wear it with T-shirts, turtlenecks, or button shirts to add a bit of flare to your look! If you get chilly add a blazer and you will look so put together.
-How would you style it?